Because August is summer vacation in the Japanese school calendar, most of my language classes where also on break. However, I did continue to meet with my volunteer tutor, who is teaching me how to read and write. She also helps me to practice conversation -- her help is such a blessing to me, and I am so thankful for our growing friendship.
Also in August Joel, Toshiko (a church member) and Akiko (an LST reader and our neighbor) went to Siem Reap, Cambodia to minister to the street kids there, with others from Japan and Singapore. They also checked in on the 11 children that church members and others in Japan, Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia are sponsoring to go to English school. From the funds raised, they were able to add another child as well. Both Toshiko and Akiko said that their experience in Cambodia was wonderful. It is very encouraging to see this connection and cooperation in missions between churches all over Asia.
Joel came back just in time to celebrate Debi's birthday, and also to host some guests. Our friend, Judith, who lives in Ibaraki prefecture, brought Michi, her roommate, and Nadine, a friend visiting from North America, to Sendai for a few days. It was good to see our friends and spend some time sharing Sendai with them.
Please pray with me . . .
~for our friend, Michi, as she continues to think about giving her life to Jesus.
~for Sayuri, my volunteer Japanese tutor. I am hopeful that our friendship will grow deeper, and that I will have more opportunities to share my faith with her.
~a praise for Laura's (Joel's sister) recent successful surgery -- and also pray for her continuing recovery.
~a praise for the time that God allowed me to rest in August, and for wisdom and discipline in moving forward into fall activities and study.
~for my language study, which continues to become increasingly difficult. I am so thankful for encouragement from friends, who assure me that I am making progress. Please be praying that I will feel less discouraged.


No comments:
Post a Comment